Sunday 12 June 2011

Lantern - Stranger I Come, Stranger I Leave



Lantern is a awesome fuzz trio from Philadelphia and their new banger cassette on Night People is a absolute stunner, "Stranger I Come, Stranger I Leave" is a powerful dirty blues, rock n roll with a twisted psychedelic rock touch and the punk attitude, trash sonic bass, swinging guitar riffs, vocals back from the grave a real garage blizzard masterpiece where you can fell The Sonics, The Cramps and Bo Diddley as some of their influences, certainly some of the most cracking tunes from this year.

Listen | Lantern – I Don’t Know
Listen | Lantern - Get Out of My Mind
Listen | Lantern – Stranger I Come. Stranger I Leave.

The lantern video Crude Vessels is taken from the first tape "Deliver Me From Nowhere" and directed by Jacqueline Lachance and Alex Zhang Hungtai (Dirty Beaches)

Watch | Lantern - Crude Vessels